This course help inform students about what health is. How they can choose what they allow to impact their health as well as know how to promote a positive lifestyle for their lives. In this course students will have the opportunity to:
- Discover what normal health standards are.
- Learn what healthy relationship should look like and how to create then maintain them.
- Demonstrate how personalities can effect relationships with other individuals.
- Become certified in CPR and First Aid
- Have access to birth control methods.
- Understand and recognize what consent is and looks like.
- Explore how stress effects the body and mind as well as its impact on our overall health.
- Evaluate all types of mental health disorders and ways the ways they can be supported.
- Analyze labels on foods and drinks.
- Understand the number of calories to eat, the correct amounts of fats, sugars, carbohydrates, protein, cholesterol, sodium, fiber, and vitamins.
- Aware of any and all negative effect drugs and alcohol have on physical, social, and emotional health.